Tuesday, May 30, 2006

web 2.0 program that can get you friends

It's called Fo.rtuito.us. It's just a soft launch, but I thought this was neat when I saw it on Techcrunch.






Here's a quote:
"When you register at Fo.rtuito.us it randomly introduces you to another member. You have four days to interact with that member via anonymous email to see if you can become friends. If after those four days both people decide they would like to stay friends, they are added to your permanent friends list. You are then introduced to another person."
Who knows if it will have the same traction as MySpace or Bebo, (which is growing as fast as MySpace) but as Michael points out, if it was offered as a feature on those existing social networking powerhouses, it will definitely get traffic.

5 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Blogger J.D. said...

I have not yet made the move to Bebo. Anybody wanna tell me what I'm missing?

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Mack Collier said...

Jordan at first I would say that Fortuitous wouldn't work, because people on the internet are leery of strangers, but this could work because an outside source would be introducing the 2 people. Will be interesting to see what happens.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Jordan Behan said...

Truth is guys, I have yet to check out either one.

I read that Bebo (based in the UK) in threatening to eclipse MySpace, but I have no hard data on that.

There is certainly a market there for fo.rtuito.us, because people still want to meet people.

Not having test-driven it, I can't say how much of your information it takes into account. A random match is fine, but it would be better if there were at least some characteristics in common before the match happened.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger J.D. said...

I'm with Mack on this one, I think. I don't want to be introduced to strangers. The thing I like with Myspace is that I find only the people I want :)

 
At 3:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, I want to invite my own friends or be invited and decide to accept or not. Then there's the "Friendster" model..."if your friend and my friend and friends, then you and I can be friends"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home