Tuesday, February 07, 2006

a little goes a long way

Every night before bed (oh alright, MOST nights) I try to read something that makes me smarter.
I'm not referring to blogs, either. I mean I take some time to read off that beloved old mistress, the printed page.

Lately (if you've been reading you know this already) I have a certain affinity for Seth Godin's books. Right now I am reading "Free Prize Inside," and I have some fresh new ideas for my number one client. (My brother)

I'm adding these new ideas to the list I've already made, and I'll keep you up to date on the progress of implementing them. More on that later.

P.S. To be a better blogger: Post content people want to read, share the information, and share the love. Oh, and always credit your sources. When you do, good things happen; as Mack Collier from Beyond Madison Avenue reports here. I am especially fond of his post, as he links to me.

Smart. And Friendly.

2 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Mack Collier said...

Thanks Jordan. I learned the hard way when BMA first started out, but spending all your time trying to produce 'great content' isn't going to do anything but frustrate you. You have to get off your blog and communicate with other blogs. Not only to network, but there's so much you can learn from other viewpoints.

To this day, I still say some of the best content ever put on BMA came in September and October, and since we didn't have many visitors then, no one saw it! lol

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Jordan Behan said...

Yer preachin' to the choir there, Mack.

You can't have one without the other though. I've had other commenters, but you're the first to get added to my blogroll.

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home