Friday, February 24, 2006

you can just feel the love...

Well, I'm in a great mood. I just showered up after a full day of snowboarding in the sun at Cypress with Rob (read on for link to masey).

Now that I'm done rubbing it in, I'll tell those of you NOT from Vancouver why I'm so "chuffed" as Rob would say. I came home to this delightful post from Mack at Beyond Madison Avenue. He's just saying thank you to some people who enjoy his blog, and leave comments. ("Brilliant!" I thought.) I began to think of you, dear readers and those of you that have helped make all of this possible. It made me smile to think that people return here time and time again to read my ramblings. Welcome and thank you, all.

Also, a city-wide white guy high five to the great Ryan Ashton, and a nod to Justin (who I have never met. Hi, Justin.) who have bestowed upon me the highest blogger honour, and added me to their blogrolls. Gentlemen, a-thank-you.

I can hear the band wanting to play me off the stage, so I'll quickly thank my wife in true celebrity awards show fashion, in her honour.

Now. For those of you still with me, here's what you've been waiting for: My pick for best marketing idea I've seen since magazines on water bottles: A whole nation, wearing their world-famous casual attitude on its sleeve, and inviting the world to join their conversation.

I point you now to the Aussie himself, with a post about how Australia is betting big that cussing, drinking and golfing in their tourism ads will see a boon in the industry. Great spot, and not a bad bikini, either.

(any anti-American views expressed in the above link are the views of the author himself. Cheeky bugger. I pray I don't have any readers from Wisconsin)

5 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger Mack Collier said...

Snowboarding eh? I really wish I could do that, course I have no board, and no snow. As for the links, I realize how much time it takes to run a blog, and appreciate you guys taking some of your time to come to BMA. I was thinking if you have any time left, why not check out each other's blogs? They are all good, and a nice mix, some business, some personal, but all good.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Alex Lee Behan said...

Honey- I am not being biased when I say you give good blog. Your loyals can see that you are committed and genuine. And brilliant. It's why I love you. That plus your charm and good looks of course.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

I concur. Some great content on all of those blogs you listed.

And that, my friends, is why people keep coming back for more.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Mack Collier said...

"Also, a city-wide white guy high five to the great Ryan Ashton"

LMAO! I just caught that!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

A little Westcoast humour for everyone...

Love the shout out Jord.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home