Friday, March 31, 2006

how to launch a new beer

Sunday night we were invited by my friend Jeff to a launch party for a new Brazilian beer called Brahma. The bash was hosted by Labatt's, who are the new domestic bottler of the brew.

Maybe it was the free beer, or the beautiful people, or the cool venue (the Rocky Mountaineer train station) or the free beer, but I sure felt like telling ten friends about this one.

Sure, we did the right thing and talked about the taste of the beer (which I really enjoyed, but the free stuff always tastes better) but for the most part people just mingled and had fun. My wife and I ran into an old friend (who works for Labatts, oddly enough) and everybody had a great time. Brazilian Capoiera dancers were there performing, and break dancers as well. I couldn't see much, but I managed to shoot this quick, shaky video of the action:



Sadly, I didn't capture any of the Capoiera folk doing any of their crazy flips, but it will give you an idea.

The event must have cost a small fortune, but I'd reckon very few of the guests came away with any complaints. I for one came away with a fondness for the bubbly brown stuff, as they intended.

2 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Mack Collier said...

So I guess this means that most people there were pleased and will now go Tell Ten Friends about the beer?

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Jordan Behan said...

That's what they hope will happen, I guess. But they didn't hire Tell Ten Friends Inc. so I don't know for sure...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home