Tuesday, March 07, 2006

proof of the power of blogs

Raincoast Books gets it. They really get it.

Nathan Sellyn is a friend of mine, and a brilliant young author from Vancouver. His first book (a collection of short stories) is just a month from release and the marketing is still falling into place. In fact, his publisher, Raincoast Books put this promo page live with a pull-quote "sample." Oops!

Then, savvy blogger Ryan Bigge from Toronto spotted it and subsequently wrote this post. To quote him: "I will buy five copies of his book if the final, printed book cover actually says that."

Mr. Sellyn knows about the error. Raincoast? Yes, they're wise to the boo-boo too. (say that three times fast while dancing!) Yet it remains. Rumour has it Raincoast is considering doing exactly what Mr. Bigge joked about. I love this idea to pieces. Why? Because I can't wait to tell ten friends, that's why. And I think others will, too, and my friend will sell some books.

If I know Nate as well as I think I do, it's a perfect fit for his sense of humour...and trust me, it's not hyperbole, even in the least.

Big thanks to my wife for the links.

3 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger bigsnit said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger bigsnit said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger bigsnit said...

The same 'some famous author' bit is on the Raincoast web site Raincoast web site

We're lucky to be working with Raincoast on their podcasts and Nathan's will be up next week. There's a short teaser available now at feeds.feedburner.com/raincoast

cheers

Robert

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home