Thursday, March 02, 2006

i was "job-spammed"

Okay, so I'm coining a new term: job spam.

job spam- n. v. (JAHB-spam) 1. n. the means by which a prospective employer mass-mails or telemarkets job candidates to seduce them into taking what will inevitably be a crappy job.
2. v. The act of dispatching a form letter email or uninformed telemarketer to attract employees based solely on the fact that their resume is posted online.
In the past three days I have been emailed and called by three seperate companies in regards to my resume, which I posted at Monster.ca. None of them had any idea about me, except that my resume had the word marketing in it. The girl who phoned me last night (around 8pm) had no idea about work experience. My resume obviously wasn't in front of her, whereas her list of scripted questions must have been very handy indeed.

Not sure how I feel about all of this, just wanted to put it out there and see if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

2 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Jord

I've had the same thing happen to me over the past couple of weeks. Only one in the form of a phone call, but many more in the form of e-mail.

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had this problem as well - I posted about it and linked to you on my site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home