Monday, April 10, 2006

multi-media that's too sexy for words.

This is an experimental test of a great little piece of technology that was introduced to me by Guy Kawasaki.

I've heard him mention Filmloop in the past, but the new "looplet" feature that allows loops to be displayed in blogs, and viewed by anyone without dowloading a player? Well, that was just too good to pass up.

The directions in his post made it sound easy, so I gave it a try. Here's my first ever "loop," featuring none other than the lovely and talented Mrs. Behan:



If this works, then it was indeed very easy. If I have to make adjustments (like I do to make a YouTube screen fit in my blog posts) then you'll hear me gripe about it in subsequent updates. Apologies in advance to those of you reading this in a feeder; you'll have to open to the actual url of this post to get the whole effect.

Update:: In the Blogger template, Mr. Kawasaki's measurements of 120x500 is too wide. I changed it to 400, and voila! She fits like a glove. I love it.

3 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Masey said...

Look at you getting all techo-geek on us! You got a bit of time on your hands these days or something? LOL

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Jordan Behan said...

Two minutes of work, that was.

By the way, all, instead of updating the post YET again, I should add that the filmloop tool WILL give you a standardized looplet size custom-made for Blogger, but I was merely following Guy's directions to the letter, until I made the one adjustment. The customized 120x400 layout is nice and pretty, and fits the Blogger template as if it were intended to be that way, so I've kept it.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Masey said...

Alright champ... I took your guidance on board here and spiced up my "mySpace" profile just nicely! Thanks for the tip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home