Sunday, May 07, 2006

i'm on myspace, but i have no friends

So, I guess it was only a matter of time. I find myself telling people all the time: If you want to reach the "MySpace" generation, you gotta become one of them. It's a state of mind thing, and nothing to do with age.

So I joined the masses so to speak, if no other reason than as an example of how it can work as a marketing tool (And because I really want people to become my friends!).




Anyway, the straw that finally broke the camels back was when I read Steve Rubel's post about how California Gubernatorial candidate Phil Angelides is using MySpace as part of his official campaign. They know what the rest of the marketing world is slowly cluing in to: 76 million users can't be wrong. So yes, I finally relented and now I have my very own MySpace.

Now I just have to get Rob to teach me how to jazz it up, the way he did for Nate's page. Hey, if it's good enough for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, it's good enough for me.

Seriously though, be my friend, will ya?

4 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Mack Collier said...

LOL I see we're in the same boat here...check your MySpace email....is that what it's called?

Whew....

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger J.D. said...

You now have your sixth friend :)

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Jordan Behan said...

Thanks J.D.

No I just need four more so I can live up to the company name.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Mack Collier said...

It's funny because in the past day I've had a couple of other bloggers ask me what the best way to grow their blog was, and I told them it was easy, just get off YOUR blog and get out and MEET the other bloggers. Go to their blogs, talk to them. You and JD and me (that can't be correct grammar) are talking here, but this could just as easily be on MR or BMA, or TVG.

Bloggers spend so much time on their own blogs, thinking 'content is king', but there's so much out there that so many of them never see. Shame they aren't all smart like us ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home